Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Best Spaces in Town

London - It’s been almost one year since my arrival in London, and I’m only now catching my breath.

I could report on an incalculable array of exhibitions and artists, but have decided to keep it to the point. My four favorite exhibition spaces to date are, in no particular order: Matt’s Gallery, INIVA, South London Gallery and Camden Arts Centre.

mattsgallery.org

iniva.org

southlondongallery.org

camdenartscentre.org

There are newer and/or grittier galleries that offer more avant-garde cred, but the integrity of these latter spaces has engaged me far beyond the bits and pieces that freckle the London scene. Each one offers a library or reading space, and the programming is discerning and inviting in equal measure…. and I look forward to their next offerings.

Liz Bruchet

No comments: